Carroll County Courthouse
P.O. Box 198
Mt. Carroll, IL 61053
Phone: (815) 244-0243
Fax: (815) 244-9181
Important Property Tax Dates in 2022
|May 16TH||Property tax bills will be mailed|
|May 16th thru September 1st||Participating banks will accept property tax payments|
|May 16th thru Oct 21st||Payments can be made online|
|July 1st||First installment due date|
|July 2nd||1.5% monthly interest on unpaid first installment payments begins accruing and increases an additional 1.5% on the seventh day of each successive month|
|TBD||Last Day to Bid – Carroll County Surplus Real Estate Sealed Bid Auction|
|September 1st||Second installment due date|
|September 1st||Last day to make payments at banks|
|September 2nd||1.5% monthly interest on unpaid second installment payments begins accruing and increases an additional 1.5% on the sixth day of each month|
|September 26th||Last day to pay property taxes with non-certified funds in our office|
|September 26th||Publication cut off date. Last day to pay property taxes without the $10.00 publication fee.|
|Week of October 3rd||Delinquent taxes will be published|
|November 2nd||Last day to pay property taxes in our office.|
|November 3rd||Annual Sale of delinquent taxes|
The County Treasurer's Office has the following responsibilities:
- Prepare all County property and mobile home taxes; collects the revenue and distributes it to fifty different taxing districts
- Invests all County funds under her jurisdiction into interest bearing funds, approximately seventy different accounts
- Handles approximately thirty different funds besides the real estate taxes and mobile home taxes. Examples: County highway funds, township motor fuel funds, County motor fuel funds, bridge aid, inheritance taxes, etc.
- Handles the payroll reports, retirement funds, and County health insurance
- Issues all W-2 forms at the end of the year for all County employees
- Is the Treasurer of the County 5% hotel/motel tax and is the Treasurer of the ETSB Board
- PROPERTY ASSESSMENT AND TAX SEARCH
- TAX BUYER REGISTRATION 2022
- LETTERS TO TAX BUYERS 2022
- PAYING YOUR TAXES 2022
- TAX SALE INFORMATION 2022
IMPORTANT TAX DATES 2022
Who do I talk to about my back taxes or taxes sold at the tax sale?
Who do I talk to about my exemptions?
Who do I talk to about address changes?
You can notify the Treasurer’s office and we can make sure The Assessor’s know of the changes to the bill or you can also contact the Assessor’s office directly.
How do I look up my taxes online?
On the main page of the Carroll County Website, use the quick link that says “Property Tax Search.” Next enter only one of the following (not all): Property Index Number (parcel or PIN 12 digits no dashes), last name, or house number with street name. If none of those work, please call 815-244-0245.
Can I print my tax bill online?
Yes. Once you have located your property click to see the details and on the right side of the screen will be an option for tax bills. You would print it from there.
Can I use a credit card to pay for my current year taxes?
Credit and Debit card payments for Real Estate taxes are accepted during active tax collecting season and online only. No credit and debit card payments are accepted in office.